"a great place to learn and grow with GOD"
Welcome to the First Christian Church Early Childhood Center! We look forward to serving your child and your family.
Your child is important to you, and important to us. Every child is a gift from God, with special needs, special interests, and special characteristics. Our world and community are diverse, and we celebrate and embrace children and families of all backgrounds. We want our children to know that each person is worthy of God’s love and the love of others. At the ECC we look forward to working with you so your child can grow spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
ECC Mission Statement
The mission of the FCC Early Childhood Center is to provide high quality, developmentally appropriate early childhood education in a loving, Christian-based environment.
- To provide a caring environment where each child experiences love, safety, and interactions that all lead to an understanding of the special gifts God has given each of them.
- To provide positive social interaction so each child can grow in their understanding of our world and learn how to interact with others in a cooperative, caring way.
- To provide active, stimulating learning experiences that lead to spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional growth in each child.
- Our curriculum is play based and developmentally appropriate. Through hands-on, active, intentional play experiences our children learn by participating in many different activities. These include a wide variety of learning centers, theme-based learning units, circle time lessons that include literacy and math, science observations and experiments, stories, music, fine motor and gross motor movement, art, and outdoor play.
- Our children are given time to work with real objects and develop concepts, while skilled teachers provide the rich, meaningful language that goes with those concepts. As the children hear, see, and experience this language a solid foundation is built for future learning, including speaking, reading, and writing.
- Our children are taught social skills and have many opportunities to relate appropriately to other children as well as adults. We strive to strengthen each child’s ability to respect differences in one another and to learn to work and problem solve together. This leads to growth in personal responsibility, independence, and confidence, while increasing self-esteem.
- Our children experience God’s love in many ways during their time at the ECC, including loving teachers, Chapel Time, Bible stories and verses, faith-based songs, and prayers.
Come join the fun at the Early Childhood Center! Call or email us for more information and to arrange for a time to have a tour. We look forward to hearing from you!