our five basic principles @ fcc
- We have a simple Confession of Faith; We believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and accept Him as Lord and Savior. We believe any Christian person can go along with that confession and that any person who believes what that confession says is "Christian" (saved, going to heaven ,etc.)
- We practice Believers Baptism by immersion. We ask that those who are baptized are old enough to decide for themselves. Therefore, we do not baptize infants, but we do dedicate them in hope that they will someday decide for themselves. While we baptize by immersion, we honor and recognize other forms of Christian baptism as valid (i.e., sprinkling). If someone who was baptized by sprinkling as an infant later transfers his/her membership to our church, that person would not be asked to be baptized again.
- We celebrate the Lord's Supper every time we gather for worship. Our Table is "open" to all Christians of any denomination (all those who can go along with our Confession of Faith).
- We believe each person has the right and responsibility to read and interpret (with God's help) the Scriptures for himself/herself. It's not the preacher's job to tell us what to believe. It is our right/responsibility together to read and interpret ... and to learn what we believe.
- We are ecumenical in nature, which means we cooperate with other churches to further God's Kingdom. We believe that all churches are in the same "business" and therefore work together.